Thursday, May 31, 2012

Trust

My eyes are showing their age.  It began right after my 40th birthday.   Everything I read became difficult to read.  I found myself holding things farther from my face so that I could see things clearly.  Soon my arms weren't long enough.  I could no longer deny it; I needed reading glasses.  So I went to the local mega mart and purchased a pair for every room in the house.  (I did that because my eyes aren't the only thing giving out.... I usually can't remember where I put the glasses that I just had on!)  The glasses helped, but then another problem emerged.....I needed more light.  Now if I want to read, I need my glasses and a flood light!  To be honest, this has been a frustrating change.  I like seeing clearly. I like seeing all the details when I read or look at something.  I also like seeing life situations clearly.

Right now, I'm experiencing a situation that is fuzzy and unclear.  I can't see the details.  It is very frustrating.  I know that God is working.  I know He has a plan.  I'm just having trouble seeing.  I've asked to see the plan.  God tells me not to worry; He knows the plan.  I've asked to see Him working.  He tells me to trust Him; He is working.   I tell Him I want to see.  He says, I know; you will someday....  He's calling me to focus solely on Him and not the circumstances.  Some days that is hard.  I am easily distracted.  Other days, He sends me gentle, loving reminders.  Reminders that He delights in me, that He has a plan, and that He can be trusted.  He is faithful.  He is powerful.  He is good. 

He is teaching me to live without seeing all the details.  I learning to trust more.

No comments:

Post a Comment