Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thankful

I did not want to write today.  It has been a long week.  The last week of school for my kids and all that entails.  The last week to make any changes to my son's mainstream plan for next year.  The last week to try to meet some friends before summer vacations and moves take place.  The last week to have a quiet house for a few hours a day.  Add to that, internet trouble and various minor inconveniences of misplaced items.  I am tired physically and emotionally.  Yet, here I am writing.  I'm writing because my family won't let me skip my scheduled writing times.  And for that, I am so thankful.

I heard a quote from a football coach today.  The main idea was that a coach makes his players do what they don't want to do, so they can achieve the goals they have always dreamed of.  My family has become my coach.  Collectively and individually they push me to do things that I may not want to do, but need to do in order to follow my dream.  They know when I am tempted to put off writing, but won't let me, even if it means they have to wait for something they want.  They know when I am discouraged, so they remind me of my purpose and passion. They will not let me give up or slip into complacency.  They will not allow fear or excuses to stand in the way.  They continue to push and love me as I work toward my goal.  For this precious gift, I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment