Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Easter is my favorite holiday.  One reason I love it so much has to do with my kids.  When I found out I was pregnant with quadruplets, I asked God to carry them until Easter.  Easter marked the beginning of my 31st week of pregnancy; and something in me believed that if I made it to that point, the kids would be okay.  So I began to pray.  I experienced some pre-term labor and was even in the hospital the week before Easter, but Easter morning, after begging my doctor, I was at Easter service.  I cried through most of it.  I was just so humbled that God would grant my request.  Me, a woman who had not always walked with God.  A woman whose life, I thought, often fell short of what it was meant to be.

But that is what Easter is all about.  We are unworthy of the precious gift that God has so graciously given us.   But "while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us...because God so loved the world." And while Christ's death for us is incredible, His resurrection from the dead demonstrates his victory over sin and death.  This news brings such joy and peace to my heart.  I can rest in the assurance that no matter what I have done or will do, no matter how much I may fall short, I can call out to my God and He will hear me.  "I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy.  Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live."  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment