Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dream Killers

Beware the dream killer.... My oldest daughter wants to change the world.  She wants to show others that the possibilities in life are unending; especially when you are a child of God.  She wants others to be bold and courageous; to follow their dreams; to live life beyond what they can see presently.  I love her passion and her drive.  But as she shares her dreams with others, I have noticed an interesting phenomena....the dream killer.  The dream killer lurks everywhere.  It shows up when a shared dream runs in to helpful people who want to make sure the dreamer is being realistic and careful. ....Do you have a back up plan? Are you sure that's what you really want to do? So you really think you can....?  I'm just being realistic....

Why do we do that? Why do we so quickly want to stop the dreaming?  I think it's fear.  Their bravery somehow makes us afraid. It make us afraid that we might be missing out on something bigger than what we have grown satisfied with.  Some would say that they don't want their loved ones to be disappointed or hurt if the dream is not realized.  I think we put our own excuses, for not pursuing our dreams, on other people.  If we can get others to accept our excuses, they seem valid and wise. Then we can go back to our safe and comfortable lives.  Fear wins again.

I say, NO MORE DREAM KILLER!  I will not participate anymore!  I, myself, will dream and encourage others to dream.  I will continue to fight to live in possibilities, not fear.  I will be strong and courageous for my God will be with me wherever I go.... I know my daughter will have an impact on the world.  How that looks and where God will take her is not known to me; but He knows.  So I will continue to fight the dream killers with her, for her sake and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment