Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dinner

What is the cure for post vacation blues?  Family dinners at my house. It's my favorite time of day.  I don't necessarily enjoy making dinner, but I love our time together at the table.  It is our time to connect and tell each other about our day.  Most of the time is spent telling stories and laughing.  Tonight was particularly funny.  I was sure that noodles would come flying out of noses and mouths.  Thankfully, they did not make an appearance.  But the laughter gave health to my spirit.

As you know, my daughter and I went to New York City.  It was wonderful.  We had a great time together.  We walked all over the city and saw a lot of wonderful things.  We spent a lot of time watching people.  (An activity we both enjoy.)  And we talked about life...things happening now and our hopes and dreams for the future.  We did not want it to end.  But home was calling us back. 

The transition from vacation to normal life can be difficult, though.  It is good to be reunited with family, but the chores of life are not as exciting as Time Square in the evenings.  Add to that the dreary weather we have had, and you get post vacation blues.  Which is why dinner was so wonderful tonight.   I was reminded that my life may not be filled with bright lights and endless entertainment, but it is definitely full of laughter and a great deal of love.  I'm glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment